Questions to Ask Your Child's Physician
- What type of cancer does my child have?
- What is it called and what does the name mean?
- What caused the cancer?
- How do I explain the disease to my child? How much does he/she need to know?
- What do we do about the disease? What is next?
- How do we know if a treatment is working? What about other treatments I have read about in magazines and on the Internet?
- Are there any problems that will occur from the treatment?
- What if the disease comes back again?
- What do I do if my child has a problem coping with the disease or the treatment for the disease? Where do I turn for help?
- What support groups are available?
The information on this Web page is provided for educational purposes. You understand and agree that this information is not intended to be, and should not be used as, a substitute for medical treatment by a health care professional. You agree that Lucile Salter Packard Children's Hospital is not making a diagnosis of your condition or a recommendation about the course of treatment for your particular circumstances through the use of this Web page. You agree to be solely responsible for your use of this Web page and the information contained on this page. Lucile Salter Packard Children's Hospital, its officers, directors, employees, agents, and information providers shall not be liable for any damages you may suffer or cause through your use of this page even if advised of the possibility of such damages.