Recreation Therapy & Child Life
725 Welch Road, 3rd Floor
Palo Alto, CA 94304
Monday-Thursday, 8:30 am-8:00 pm
Fridays, 8:30 am-5 pm
Weekends, 12:30 pm-4:30 pm
|Phone: (650) 497-8336
Fax: (650) 498-2455
|Learn more about our exciting hospital expansion by visiting growing.lpch.org
Note that during this expansion, routes to 725 Welch have changed.
Help spread holiday cheer by purchasing gifts for children and families at Packard Children's Hospital.
We greatly appreciate gift cards - they allow us to shop for items that we need the most!
The goals of the Recreation Therapy / Child Life Department are:
- To make hospitalization a positive, meaningful experience
- To reduce the strangeness of the medical environment through familiar toys and activities
- To serve as a role model and resouce for parents
- To provide opportunities for children to experience success, control, creativity and self expression
- To serve as a resource to health professionals regarding play, development, and adjustment to illness, medical treatment and/or hospitalization