Family Members Are a Central Part of Our Health Care TeamLucile Packard Children’s Hospital provides a unique approach to medical care called “family-centered care”. At the heart of family-centered care is the belief that when families work in partnership with their health care team, the child receives the best possible care. View the core commitments of family-centered health care.
Our staff and medical professionals want to work in partnership with you – our patients, parents and family members.
You know your child best. Your contribution is critical to our health care teams.
We encourage you to:
- Ask questions
- Share your concerns
- Provide input on issues relating to your child’s health and well-being
- Let us know how we can support you and your child
- Partner with your health care team
Family-Centered Care ServicesFamily-Centered Care services help you partner with your health care team and learn from other families’ experiences.
- Parent Mentors – Parents of previously hospitalized children are trained to provide peer support to parents of current Packard Children's Hospital patients. Antepartum mentors provide peer support to mothers hospitalized during their pregnancies.
- Parent Hours – Weekly gatherings of parents to discuss topics related to their child’s hospitalization
- Parent Toolkit – Brochures, guides and videos written for families, by families
- Children’s Heart Center
- Liver and Intestinal Transplant
- Antepartum and Neonatology (Johnson Center for Pregnancy and Newborn Services)
- Oncology (Bass Center for Childhood Cancer and Blood Diseases)
For Health Care Providers
- Forums for Advanced Practitioners of Family-Centered Care
- Family-Centered Care Newsletter
Subscribe to our newsletter and view the newsletter archive to stay informed about our current projects, opportunities and successes.
Contact UsKaren Wayman, PhD
Director, Family-Centered Care
Lucile Packard Children's Hospital
Stanford University School of Medicine
Department of Pediatrics
750 Welch Road, Suite 116
Palo Alto, CA 94304