Outreach and Community Service
Lucile Packard Children's Hospital at Stanford extends its resources beyond the hospital walls by developing partnerships with other local organizations to improve the health of all children, adolescents and expectant mothers. These programs focus primarily on people who face barriers to accessing health care services or live in environments that do not promote health behaviors. Providing community benefits demonstrates that we are fulfilling our mission of community service and meeting our charitable tax-exempt status.
Lucile Packard Children’s Hospital is pleased to announce that our 2012 community benefits investment for services and activities to improve the health status of infants, children, adolescents, and pregnant women exceeds $217 million.
Community Service Priorities
- Improve access to health care. We focus on seamless coordination of care between our hospital and community health care providers as well as insuring that our community's children and expectant mothers have a primary care physician (i.e. a medical home).
Our support of government insurance programs, which provide access to care for limited income families, is by far our largest investment in this focus area.
- Prevent and treat pediatric obesity. We are committed to using a holistic approach to address the social determinants of maintaining a healthy weight, including the built environment, legislative policy, and the dissemination of evidence-based treatment programs for preventing and reducing pediatric obesity.
- Improve the social, emotional, and mental health of children and youth. Our interventions in this area address the link between poor social, emotional, and mental health and poor behavioral health, including sustance abuse and violence.
Back to top
- 2012 Community Benefits Report
The complete story of our community benefits and services, planning process, community partners, and financial valuation.
- Our Community
The statistical picture of the health of our community’s children and expectant women.
- 2013 Plan for Community Services
The plan for next year’s community programs addressing our three priority areas.
Back to top
Contact UsPlease feel free to e-mail us with any questions or comments regarding Packard Children's Community Benefits activity.
Back to top