Center for Fetal and Maternal Health
725 Welch Road
Palo Alto, CA 94304
Monday-Friday, 7:30 am-4:30 pm
|Phone: (650) 724-2221
Fax: (650) 723-6607
|Learn more about our exciting hospital expansion by visiting growing.lpch.org
Note that during this expansion, routes to 725 Welch have changed.
Our mission is to make sure you and your baby have the best care possible and to help you through an anxious time by providing:
- A single point of contact. The Center for Fetal and Maternal Health provides you and your doctor with a single point of entry for accessing the outstanding diagnostic, medical and surgical expertise at Lucile Packard Children’s Hospital. We are here to provide the information, support and resources that you, your family and your doctor need.
- Individualized, streamlined care. We provide you with a comprehensive, multidisciplinary care team of subspecialists and services specific to your and your baby’s needs. Your team will explain all findings, discuss treatment options, answer your questions, and make sure the best care plan is in place.
- Family support and integrated services. Our services include everything from making sure you and your doctor are well-informed about your baby’s condition, to helping to arrange accommodations, to providing support and compassion.
Comprehensive Services for Expectant Women and Children, All in One PlacePackard Children’s Hospital is one of the few children’s hospitals in the country to offer obstetric, delivery, newborn and pediatric services all in one place. We provide complete care for a range of conditions and needs. Your Center for Fetal and Maternal Health team will include medical and surgical subspecialists and other caring staff. They will all work together to provide the best care possible to you and your baby.
Consistent, Complete Information and Help to Understand What It MeansOur goal is to provide you and your family with as much information as possible about your baby’s condition. We also help you understand what all of it means. We believe this will help your family:
- Make the best decisions possible for your baby
- Prepare for what needs to happen during the rest of your pregnancy, after your baby’s delivery, and throughout your baby’s life
- Become an active participant in your child’s health care team. Packard Children’s Hospital believes in family-centered care - when families work in partnership with their health care team, the child receives better care.
Learn More about the Center for Fetal and Maternal Health
- Our Services
- What to Expect as a Center for Fetal and Maternal Health Patient
- Contact Us
- Program for Placental Disorders
Meet a Patient
|Leanne and Jaya Maharaj
Leanne and Kamneel Maharaj's baby was diagnosed before birth with a severe heart defect. Leanne's pregnancy was carefully monitored and her delivery was closely coordinated. When baby Jaya was just 15 minutes old, she was given a pacemaker that saved her life. The tiny girl – born nine weeks early, weighing 3.5 pounds, with a heart slightly bigger than a walnut – is smaller than any pacemaker recipient ever reported in the medical literature.
- Johnson Center for Pregnancy and Newborn Services