Information for Referring Health Care Providers
Please complete a referral form (PDF) and fax it to the Program for Placental Disorders at (650) 723-6607 or call us at (650) 724-2221.
Collaboration on Patient Management and Delivery PlansConfirming a diagnosis. Packard Children’s Hospital’s Perinatal Diagnostic Centers can perform the Level 2 ultrasound required to confirm a diagnosis. If indicated, MRI is also available. We will discuss our findings and prognosis with you as soon as possible after the examination.
Ongoing care and delivery close to your patient’s home. When the necessary resources and facilities for prenatal care and delivery exist near the family, we may be able to help arrange ongoing care by many of the same outstanding teams who provide care at Packard Children’s. Our Perinatal Diagnostic Centers can provide Level 2 ultrasounds and follow-up and/or input from a maternal-fetal medicine specialist.
Care and delivery at Packard Children’s Hospital. We can work with you to transfer your patient’s care to our Maternal-Fetal Medicine team if you feel that your patient:
- Requires high-risk prenatal care
- Requires antepartum hospitalization at Packard Children’s Hospital
- Should deliver at Packard Children’s Hospital
Patients have access to a full team of pediatric and adult specialists, including:
- Maternal-fetal medicine coverage and obstetric anesthesia service 24 hours a day, 7 days per week
- A neonatology team that will attend the delivery
- A blood bank, transfusion services, and a massive transfusion guideline (MTG) that make blood transfusion and clotting products ready for use at all times
- Gynecologic surgical specialists
- Pediatric radiologists
- Interventional radiologists
- Vascular surgeons
Central Point of Contact
Program for Placental Disorders Coordinator Stephanie Neves
- We will let you know about your patient’s schedule of Packard Children’s Hospital consults and appointments. We can communicate via letters and/or emails – whichever you prefer.
- You will receive information and updates from members of our team about ongoing planning and findings.
After hours consults and transport. Immediate consultation with a maternal-fetal medicine specialist or acute transport is available by calling the Lucile Packard Children’s Hospital Transport Dispatch Center at (650) 723-7342 or (800) GO-FOR-LPCH.