Information for Referring Health Care Providers
|Learn more about our exciting hospital expansion by visiting growing.lpch.org
Note that during this expansion, routes to 725 Welch have changed.
Please complete a referral form (PDF) and fax it to the Center for Fetal and Maternal Health at (650) 723-6607 or call us at (650) 724-2221.
The Center for Fetal and Maternal Health works closely with referring health care providers to develop the best course of action for the expectant mother and fetus. We can provide a number of services, including:
- Clarification of a diagnosis
- Coordination of prenatal and subsequent pediatric care
- Consistent communication with you about fetal and maternal findings
- Delivery at Lucile Packard Children’s Hospital, if needed
Center for Fetal and Maternal Health
- Packard Children’s Perinatal Diagnostic Centers can provide ongoing follow-up with level 2 ultrasound or input from a maternal-fetal medicine specialist closer to home.
- Your patient will likely be able to deliver at your home hospital if the baby will not require immediate intensive care or intervention.
- Many of these expectant mothers continue to receive care throughout their pregnancy from their own obstetrician.
- As the delivery date approaches, care is transferred to the Packard Children’s Hospital maternal-fetal medicine team. Transfer of care may be indicated earlier in more severe cases.
Single Point of Contact for You and Your PatientThe Center for Fetal and Maternal Health is your single point of contact to coordinate:
- Advanced fetal imaging studies, such as fetal MRI
- Pediatric specialty referrals for counseling and planning
- The Center for Fetal and Maternal Health will let you know about your patient’s schedule of Packard Children’s Hospital subspecialty consults and appointments. We can communicate via letters and/or emails – whichever you prefer.
- You will receive information and updates from members of our team about ongoing planning and findings.
Please feel free to call us any time between 7:30 am-4:30 pm at (650) 724-2221 should you have any questions or concerns about your patient.
|<< What to Expect As a Center for Fetal and Maternal Health Patient