Arriving at the Hospital to Deliver Your Baby
|Learn more about our exciting hospital expansion by visiting growing.lpch.org
Note that during this expansion, routes to 725 Welch have changed.
When you come to Lucile Packard Children’s Hospital to deliver your baby, please come to the hospital’s front entrance at 725 Welch Road, Palo Alto.
You will be directed to Labor and Delivery on the 2nd Floor. Once you arrive, we will check you in at the front desk. Please provide your full name and date of birth, and we will locate your pre-admission data, if you provided it.
Your nurse will take you to a labor and delivery room, where:
- You will be assessed by your health care team
- You can discuss your birth plan with your nurse and doctor
Labor and Delivery
725 Welch Road
2nd Floor – 2 South
Palo Alto, CA 94304
Please call your obstetrician first with your questions and concerns.
- You may have an intravenous line (IV) started to keep you hydrated. This will also allow the health care team to quickly give you medications, if needed.
- We will monitor your baby with a fetal monitor. This is a belt that fits over your abdomen and monitors your baby’s heart rate and your uterine contractions.
- We will discuss your options for pain management during labor. You may request a consult for epidural anesthesia, pain medications or comfort measures at any point during your labor.
- Your nurse will be available to answer any questions and will assist you through the entire birthing process