Labor and Delivery
|Learn more about our exciting hospital expansion by visiting growing.lpch.org
Note that during this expansion, routes to 725 Welch have changed.
725 Welch Road
2nd Floor – 2 South
Palo Alto, CA 94304
|Phone: (650) 723-5403
Please call your obstetrician first with your questions and concerns.
Por favor complete el formulario de pre-ingreso a la Sala de partos por lo menos cuatro semanas antes de la fecha en que se espera que nazca su bebé.
The Lucile Packard Children’s Hospital Labor and Delivery unit delivers more than 4,000 babies each year. Our experienced team provides you and your baby with compassionate care, using the latest in medical advances. We are part of the Johnson Center for Pregnancy and Newborn Services.
Deliver Your Baby in a Hospital Dedicated Exclusively to Expectant Women and Children
Our entire facility and staff provide you and your baby with family-centered care, comfort and support to create the best possible environment for your baby’s arrival. While in Labor and Delivery, you will find:
Private rooms for all patients. Every patient has a private room designed to take you through labor, delivery and immediate recovery.
Support for your birth plan. Our team partners with you to support your birth plan choices, including:
- Having an unmedicated or medicated labor
- Having a support person, family members, or friends present at your delivery
Immediate access to specialty care. The majority of mothers who deliver here have healthy pregnancies and uncomplicated deliveries. However, if you or your baby require additional care:
- Our High-Risk Obstetrics team can manage any complex health problems you may have
- Our Neonatology team provides nationally-recognized care for newborn babies with critical or special care needs
LocationThe Labor and Delivery unit is located on the 2nd floor of Lucile Packard Children’s Hospital. Our unit includes:
- Find an obstetrician who delivers at Packard Children's Hospital
- Maternity Unit
- Becoming Parents Prenatal Classes - Classes to help you prepare for your baby's birth.
- Public Cord Blood Banking
- Johnson Center for Pregnancy and Newborn Services