Well Baby Nursery
725 Welch Road
1st and 2nd Floors
Palo Alto, CA 94304
(650) 497-8000Your baby will come to the Well Baby Nursery shortly after birth. Your partner is welcome to stay with your baby at that time. A Well Baby Nursery nurse will assess your baby and make sure his/her transition to newborn life is going well. This comprehensive assessment includes:
- Recording height and weight
- Giving a vitamin K injection
- Bathing your baby
- Any necessary blood tests
The Well Baby Nursery is highlighted in this video that features the Lucile Packard Children's Hospital nurseries.
Nursery CareWe encourage you and your baby to participate in Couplet Care – your baby stays at your bedside in the Maternity Unit if there are no medical issues. You always have the option of placing your baby in our Well Baby Nursery for all or part of your stay. You are welcome to change your choice of Couplet Care or Well Baby Nursery care at any time.
Other ServicesBabies may also visit the Well Baby Nursery for:
- Circumcisions, upon request
- Jaundice treatment under the bilirubin (“bili”) lights