Safety and Security
725 Welch Road
1st and 2nd Floors
Palo Alto, CA 94304
(650) 497-8000Lucile Packard Children’s Hospital realizes how special and valuable a newborn is, and we take extra measures to ensure your baby’s safety. Our staff regularly participates in drills to provide the safest and most secure environment possible. Your nurse will teach you more about our infant security system when you arrive on the Maternity Unit.
We ask that you:
- Never leave your baby alone in your room
- Stay on the Maternity Unit. We want to be able to take care of your needs immediately should an emergency arise.
- Push the baby in the bassinette provided when you are walking in the hallways
Identification BandYou, your baby, and your baby’s father or designated family member will receive matching identification bands in Labor and Delivery, shortly after your baby’s birth. Please keep these on while you are in the hospital.
You will be asked at various times to show your band so it can be checked against your baby’s.
Recommendations for HomeOnce your family leaves the hospital, we recommend that you:
- Do not ever leave your baby unattended
- Do not place a birth announcement in the newspaper
- Do not give out your home address or telephone number to strangers
- Do not put a sign announcing the baby’s birth on your front lawn
- Do not let new acquaintances into your home
<< Your Stay