Your First General Obstetrics Clinic Visit
Phone: (650) 498-4069
Fax: (650) 498-2583
Monday-Friday, 8 am-5 pmYour first visit to the General Obstetrics Clinic is an educational and informational session. This can be done when you are eight weeks pregnant. This visit takes 1 ½ to 2 hours. Visits after that are shorter.
The educational session is led by one of our registered nurses (RNs). You will have up to five other expectant mothers and their partners in this session with you. You will learn:
- How to take care of yourself during your pregnancy
- How often you will need to visit the OB clinic
- Which prenatal tests are available and when
- How to choose a provider who will take care of you and your baby throughout your pregnancy
- Medical history
- Previous pregnancies
- Family history
- Take blood and urine tests
- Receive educational handouts and materials that you can take home and review with your partner and family
- Meet with a registered nurse (RN). The RN will answer any questions you may have and help you schedule your first appointment with an obstetrics provider.