770 Welch Road, Suite 201
Mail Code 5880
Palo Alto, CA 94304
Monday-Friday, 8 am-5 pm
|Phone: (650) 498-4069, option 5
Fax: (650) 498-2583
|Learn more about our exciting hospital expansion by visiting growing.lpch.org
Note that during this expansion, routes to 770 Welch have changed.
The High-Risk Obstetrics Clinic provides specialized care for a woman and her fetus/unborn baby(s) during pregnancy. Our maternal-fetal medicine specialists have extensive experience managing complex health problems in both the expectant mother and fetus.
Our team of maternal-fetal medicine specialists work together with our obstetric specialists to care for pregnant women:
- With a medical condition or with a previous history of a complicated pregnancy(s)
- Whose baby has a medical condition. The medical care for these babies and their mothers is coordinated through the Center for Fetal and Maternal Health.
- Carrying multiple babies (complicated twins, or triplets or more)
A wide range of services for mother and baby under one roof. We work with our colleagues at Packard Children’s Hospital and Stanford Hospital & Clinics should you or your baby require other specialty medical care. This includes everything from pediatric subspecialists, to nutritionists, to obstetric anesthesiologists. Your multidisciplinary team cares for both of you throughout pregnancy and is available to you and your baby immediately after birth.
Working to minimize pregnancy problems. Our maternal-fetal medicine specialists are studying several ways to improve pregnancy outcomes. Their research includes determining the best way to maintain pregnancy after preterm labor and how to best manage pre-eclampsia and diabetes during pregnancy.
Our staff speaks Spanish, and translation services are available for other languages.
Referral Criteria for New PatientsYour general obstetrician or primary care provider must refer you to see a high-risk obstetrician (OB). Your provider can call (650) 498-4069 and select option 5. View information for referring health care providers.
- Prenatal Testing and Perinatal Genetic Counseling
- Delivering Your Baby at Lucile Packard Children’s Hospital
- Obstetrics Overview
- Center for Fetal and Maternal Health
- Johnson Center for Pregnancy and Newborn Services