Packard Diabetes in Pregnancy Program
770 Welch Road, Suite 201
Mail Code 5880
Palo Alto, CA 94304
Monday-Friday, 8 am-5 pm
|Phone: (650) 498-4069, option 3
Fax: (650) 498-2583
|Learn more about our exciting hospital expansion by visiting growing.lpch.org
Note that during this expansion, routes to 770 Welch have changed.
Our Obstetrics Clinic has a team dedicated to caring for women who have diabetes during pregnancy. We provide diagnosis, treatment and monitoring of pregnant women with pre-existing diabetes (Type 1 or Type 2) or gestational diabetes. Our goal is to manage your diabetes so you can welcome your new baby, raise your family, and be as free as possible from diabetes-related health issues.
New PatientsOur team can assist your referring obstetrician (OB) in diabetes management. We can provide your overall prenatal care or co-manage your diabetes and prenatal care with your referring physician.
We accept new referrals from patients or health care providers. Please call Mary Badel, RN, CDE, at (650) 498-4069 and select option 3 to setup an appointment. View more information for referring health care providers.
TeamOne of our diabetes specialists is available during clinic hours.
- Mary Badel, RN, CDE is a registered nurse and works primarily with diabetic patients on insulin.
- Susan Carter, MS, RD, CDE, is a diabetes educator with over 20 years experience specializing in diabetes and pregnancy. Susan works with patients on their diet.
- Jeffrey Faig, MD, FACOG, is board-certified in obstetrics/gynecology, endocrinology and metabolism, and internal medicine.
- Erlinda Stern, NP, CDE is a nurse practitioner and specializes in diabetes management.
- Prenatal Testing and Perinatal Genetic Counseling
- Delivering Your Baby at Lucile Packard Children’s Hospital
- Obstetrics Overview
- Johnson Center for Pregnancy and Newborn Services