Packard Intermediate Care Nursery
725 Welch Road
Palo Alto, CA 94304
|Phone: (650) 497-8080
Fax: (650) 497-8035
|Learn more about our exciting hospital expansion by visiting growing.lpch.org
Note that during this expansion, routes to 725 Welch have changed.
Services OverviewThe Packard Intermediate Care Nursery is a 20 bed unit. We provide a full range of services to recovering newborns and those who require specialized care and hospitalization.
We focus on your baby’s nutrition, growth and development. Every day, our staff will:
- Work to form a partnership with you. Packard Children’s Hospital believes in family-centered care - when families work in partnership with their health care team, the child receives better care.
- Encourage bonding between you and your baby
- Help you achieve breastfeeding success (if you are breastfeeding)
- Teach you how to care for your baby at home. Some examples include:
- Feeding your baby
- Understanding your baby’s cues
- Giving your baby any necessary medication