Special Care Nursery at Sequoia Hospital
170 Alameda de las Pulgas
Redwood City, CA 94062
|Phone: (650) 367-5654
Fax: (650) 482-6099
If you would like an in-person tour of the Special Care Nursery at Sequoia Hospital, please contact your social worker or case manager.
We provide a full range of services for newborns who:
- Require non-critical, specialized care and hospitalization due to various conditions, including:
- Suspected infections
- Respiratory problems
- Suspected heart problems. We can perform heart ultrasounds that are examined by Packard Children's Hospital cardiologists in Palo Alto (tele-echo). Cardiology consultation services are also available.
- Need to be stabilized in preparation for a transfer to our Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) in Palo Alto.
- Work to form a partnership with you. Packard Children’s Hospital believes in family-centered care - when families work in partnership with their health care team, the child receives better care.
- Encourage bonding between you and your baby
- Help you achieve breastfeeding success (if you are breastfeeding)
- Teach you how to care for your baby at home. Some examples include:
- Feeding your baby
- Understanding your baby’s cues
- Giving your baby any necessary medication
- Help you access the people and services you need, including social workers, parent mentors and lactation consultants.