770 Welch Road, Suite 300
Palo Alto, CA 94304
Monday-Thursday, 8:30 am-4:00 pm
Phone: (650) 724-0353
Return Appointments: (650) 498-4225
Fax: (650) 497-8718
California Pacific Medical Center
Women & Children's Center (California Campus)
3801 Sacramento Street, 2nd Floor
San Francisco, CA 94118
Monday and Wednesday mornings
Appointments: (888) 637-2762
|Learn more about our exciting hospital expansion by visiting growing.lpch.org
Note that during this expansion, routes to 770 Welch have changed.
Services OverviewThe Nephrology Clinic at Lucile Packard Children's Hospital provides diagnosis and treatment for children with kidney (renal) and urinary tract disease, including:
- Acute and chronic renal failure
- Nephrotic syndrome
- Hematuria - Blood in the urine
- Proteinuria - Large amounts of protein in the urine
- Hypertension - High blood pressure
- Serum electrolytes and pH regulation disorders.
- Complicated urinary tract infections
- Metabolic disorders affecting the kidneys, including cystinosis and oxalosis. Cystinosis is when cystine (a common protein-building compound) accumulates within specific cellular bodies of the kidney, known as lysosomes. Oxalosis is a buildup of a substance called oxalate in the blood after kidney failure.
New PatientsNew clinic patients must be referred by a primary care provider. The provider should fill out the referral form (PDF) and fax it to the Lucile Packard Children's Hospital Referral Center at (650) 721-2884.
- Steven Alexander, MD - Service Chief
- Abanti Chaudhuri, MD
- Waldo Concepcion, MD
- Paul Grimm, MD
- Donald Potter, MD
- Scott Sutherland, MD
- Elizabeth Talley, MD
- Cynthia J. Wong, MD