After Hours Clinic
725 Welch Road
1st Floor, Room 120 (in the Heart Center)
Palo Alto, CA 94304
Monday-Friday, 6-9 pm
Saturdays, 1-5 pm
Sundays and Holidays, 9 am-3 pm (April-November) and 9 am-5 pm (December-March)
Please note that voicemail is only checked during clinic hours.
Health care providers can call Monday-Friday, 8 am-6 pm and during clinic hours to make appointments.
Parents can call during clinic hours to make appointments.
The After Hours Clinic provides urgent care for children when their regular pediatrician’s office is closed at night or during the weekend. Your child will be seen by a pediatrician or family practice doctor. We see patients ages 0-18 years.
Medical Advice and AppointmentsAdvice
- Please call your child’s primary care physician at any time, day or night. The answering service will take your information and forward it to a registered nurse (RN) who will call you back.
- The registered nurse will call you back to discuss your child’s condition and arrange for
a clinic appointment, if necessary.
If you haven’t heard from the nurse within an hour, please call your child’s primary care
Please note this is not a walk-in clinic. Please make sure you or your child's health care provider calls in advance to schedule an appointment prior to arriving to the clinic.
- Parents can call during clinic hours (please see the top of this Web page) to make appointments.
- Health care providers can call during clinic hours or Monday-Friday, 8 am-6 pm to make appointments.
- Insurance card
- Photo ID
- A list of medications your child is currently taking
ServicesWe can evaluate and treat a wide range of symptoms and conditions, including:
- Ear pain
- Small lacerations (cuts)
Follow-up with Your PediatricianWe will fax the notes from your child’s After Hours Clinic visit to child’s primary pediatrician. This will allow your pediatrician follow-up with you as needed.
TeamThe After Hours Clinic is staffed by:
- A physician that practices in the local community
- A registrar who gathers the patient’s information and registers the patient for their visit