Pediatric Weight Clinic
|1174 Castro Street, Suite 250
Mountain View, CA 94040
Fridays, 8:30 am-12:00 pm
|Phone: (650) 694-0600
Fax: (650) 694-0610
Dr. Tom Robinson with a Pediatric Weight Clinic patient.
- Improved weight control
- Overall better health and quality of life
- Complete evaluation by the clinic’s multidisciplinary team to understand the potential causes and complications of the patient’s condition
- Family behavioral counseling
- Visiting other specialists for related medical comorbidities (health problems that exist at the same time as the overweight/obesity problem)
- A family-centered plan to achieve weight reduction goals
- Adolescent bariatric surgery
Treatment decisions are made jointly by the Pediatric Weight Clinic team and clinicians across multiple clinical areas.
New PatientsNew clinic patients must be referred by a primary care provider. The provider should fill out the Pediatric Weight Clinic Referral Form (PDF) and fax it to the Lucile Packard Children's Hospital Referral Center at (650) 721-2884.
Parents will be asked to fill out the parent questionnaire (PDF) (en español) and bring it to the first visit.
New clinic patients undergo a complete baseline evaluation by a pediatrician or adolescent medicine specialist who specializes in weight management. The effect of future treatments will be compared to this baseline. The evaluation includes:
- A detailed review of the patient’s medical history
- A complete physical examination
- Diagnostic testing, as needed
- A meeting with a registered dietitian to develop individual dietary and activity goals