725 Welch Road
Palo Alto, CA 94304
|Pager (24 hours a day, 7 days a week): (650) 723-6661, pager ID #19474. Ask for the Pediatric Palliative Care Team.
Phone: (650) 497-8963
Fax: (650) 725-9591
|Learn more about our exciting hospital expansion by visiting growing.lpch.org
Note that during this expansion, routes to 725 Welch have changed.
Reaching for Hope by Grace Lim, 1992-2004
Assisi Children's Centre, Singapore
Collaborative PlanningWe work with the child’s primary care team to assist families in decision making and in developing a comprehensive plan for comfort care. We also partner with community agencies to ease the transitions between hospital, hospice and home. Together we work to ensure that each child receives optimal care in all settings.
Comprehensive CareThe Palliative Care team provides support under many circumstances, in many styles and for many reasons. The team is available to:
- Manage distressing symptoms, both physical and emotional
- Facilitate communication between and among children, families and health care providers
- Consult on the care of healthy siblings
- Plan for present and future choices and decisions in children’s care
- Help children and families transition to palliative care
- Provide consultation for individual health care providers and teams
- Advise families and staff about bereavement resources as appropriate
Contact UsAnyone—family members or staff—may request consultation from the Palliative Care team. The child’s attending physician will always be involved in the consultation process.
- By Pager (24 hours a day, 7 days a week): (650) 723-6661, pager ID #19474. Ask for the Pediatric Palliative Care Team.
- Phone: (650) 497-8963
- Fax: (650) 725-9591