1000 Welch Road
Palo Alto, CA 94304
Phone: (650) 498-HEAR (4327)
Fax: (650) 736-HEAR (4327)
14777 Los Gatos Blvd.
Los Gatos, CA 95032
Phone: (408) 356-7461
Fax: (408) 356-7140
|Learn more about our exciting hospital expansion by visiting growing.lpch.org
Note that during this expansion, routes to 1000 Welch have changed.
The Lucile Packard Children's Hospital Audiology team identifies, diagnoses and treats children with hearing disorders. We also identify how hearing disorders affect communication.
We provide a family-centered care environment and partner with you to provide the best possible care for your child. We will provide you with the information you need to fully understand your child’s diagnosis. You are an important member of your child’s health care team, and we look forward to working with you.
Diagnostic Hearing ServicesHearing well is essential for the development of speech, language and learning. Our diagnostic services assess your child’s hearing and any effects hearing loss may have on communication. Our diagnostic services include:
- Comprehensive, developmentally appropriate behavioral hearing evaluations
- Newborn hearing screenings
- Auditory brainstem response (ABR) and auditory steady state response (ASSR) evaluations – Measures of the brainstem’s response to clicking sounds
- Otoacoustic emissions (OAE) testing – An audible sound stimulates the cochlea and produces an inaudible sound back that goes into the middle ear
- Middle ear function assessments
- Monitor how ear diseases and certain medical treatments affect hearing
- Provide custom ear protection against noise and water
Services for Children Diagnosed with Hearing LossOur services for children diagnosed with hearing loss include:
- Periodic hearing evaluations to monitor hearing sensitivity
- Hearing aid consultations, fittings, dispensing and repairs
- Assistive listening device (ALD) consultations, fittings, dispensing and repairs. ALDs help with patients with their day-to-day communications.
- Counseling regarding communication and educational options
- Counseling and aural habilitation / rehabilitation
- Your Child’s Audiology Clinic Visit
- Newborn Hearing Screening
- Our Team
- Education and Training
- Meet Our Patients