Motion & Gait Analysis Laboratory
|Motion & Gait Analysis Laboratory
321 Middlefield Road
Menlo Park, CA 94025
Monday-Friday, 8:30 am-5:00 pm
|Phone: (650) 736-4000
Fax (referrals): (650) 736-3406
- Electromyographic (EMG) measures of muscle activity during movement
- 3-D kinematic measures of joint motion
- Kinetic measures of the forces that act across the joints during walking
- Postural balance to see how much the body sways while standing still
- Energy expenditure (amount of energy used) during walking
The lab was established in 1978.
Motion Analysis Helps Guide Treatment DecisionsGait and upper limb analyses are fundamental to the treatment of children and adults with orthopedic (bones and joints) and neuromuscular (nerve and muscle) disorders, such as cerebral palsy. The Motion & Gait Analysis Laboratory provides comprehensive patient reports for orthopedists, neurologists, physiatrists, pediatricians, podiatrists, physical therapists and other specialists.
We use state-of-the-art technology to identify movement problems and how severe they are. Motion analysis evaluations assist health care providers in making treatment decisions for medical treatments such as orthopedic surgery, physical therapy and orthotics.