Advanced Pediatric CT
Child-friendly CT Imaging
When a CT Scan is the best option for obtaining a clear diagnosis, radiologists at Lucile Packard Children’s Hospital use the smallest dose of radiation possible to produce diagnostic quality images. Our commitment to a child’s safety has resulted in the recent installation of new CT equipment that will further enhance our program’s ability to reduce radiation exposure to children.
Equipment Features• Reduces radiation exposure dramatically without compromising clinical result.
• Provides faster scan time, increased patient comfort and significant improvement to image quality
• Significantly reduces the need for repeating exams due to a child’s movement.
• Eliminates the need for general anesthesia for most CT exams.
• Greater image detail increases clinical value in all studies.
• Automated radiation reduction to sensitive regions of the body.
How to ReferPatient may be referred to Packard Children’s Diagnostic
Imaging for Advanced CT imaging by:
• Contacting our department directly at (650) 497-8376.
• Faxing the completed Packard Children’s radiology requisition form to (650) 724-2663.
• Submitting appropriate referral information via the MD Portal.
• For urgent appointments, please fax completed form and then call immediately.
Diagnostic Imaging Contact Information:
725 Welch Road
Palo Alto, CA 94304
Direct Scheduling: (650) 497-8376
Fax (650) 724-2663