Packard Pass Visitor Badges
- Supports our existing hospital safety measures
- Improves communication and identification
- Helps us to know the names and faces of those who are most important to the mothers and children in our care
Who Will Get a Packard Pass?Everyone who comes into the hospital will be given a Packard Pass photo ID badge each day. This includes all family members, visitors and business professionals.
Children under the age of 14 will have a Packard Pass that has the photo and name of their parent or supervising adult. Inpatients receive a medical ID bracelet from the medical team caring for them.
How Do I Get a Packard Pass?The whole process to get a Packard Pass takes about a minute. Here are the four easy steps to get your Packard Pass:
- Stop at one of several Packard Pass “service points” upon first entering the hospital each day. There are service points:
- On either side of the main lobby
- At the hospital Information/Hospitality Desk next to the main lobby
- In the hallways that connect Stanford Hospital & Clinics with Packard Children’s Hospital. These are on the first floor near the F1 Maternity Unit, on the second floor near the F2 Maternity Unit, and on the ground floor.
- Provide your name and the hospital location you will be visiting. We’ll ask you a few basic questions about your recent health and exposure to contagious infections.
- Swipe your driver’s license or ID card and have your picture taken. This automatically sends your information and photo into our secure database. For fastest service, please have your driver’s license or government-issued identification card ready.
If you do not have a driver’s license or ID card, you can still receive a Packard Pass by providing some basic information.
- Wear your Packard Pass while you are in the hospital.
How Is My Information Stored and Used?Information and photographs are routinely removed from the Packard Pass system in a protected manner.
Information and photographs obtained for and stored in the Packard Pass system will be treated as confidential within the organization and will be shared externally as required by law.
Additional Information, Questions and CommentsThank you for supporting our commitment to providing everyone at our hospital with the safest and most welcoming environment possible. If you would like to learn more about the Packard Pass Visitor Badges, please read our flyer and frequently asked questions (English / Español PDF).
We continuously seek new ways to improve each family’s experience, and invite you to share your suggestions, questions and ideas with our staff. We invite you to contact Patient Relations at (650) 498-HUGS (4847).