Patient Admitting and Clinic Registration
|Main Admitting Office
725 Welch Road
Palo Alto, CA 94304
|Clinics: Please visit each clinic’s Web page for locations and phone numbers.|
|Learn more about our exciting hospital expansion by visiting growing.lpch.org
Note that during this expansion, routes to Packard Children’s Hospital and our outpatient clinics in Palo Alto have changed.
Identification RequirementsIn compliance with Federal Trade Commission Red Flag Rules, Lucile Packard Children’s Hospital has established an Identity Theft Prevention Program to detect, prevent and mitigate risks associated with identity theft. Effective August 1, 2009, Packard Children’s Hospital requests that patients (or the accompanying adult) arriving for an inpatient stay, clinic visit or outpatient procedure present:
- A valid form of photo identification and
- The patient’s/parent’s insurance card (if applicable)
Where to Go on the Day of Your Hospital Visit
- Clinic patients should go to the clinic’s location. View a list of our locations.
- Children checking in for:
- Non-surgical inpatient stays
- Diagnostic procedures in the Children’s Heart Center or pulmonary neurodiagnostics
- Short Stay Unit
should go to the main admissions patient admitting office on the 1st Floor, just to the right of the main entrance.
Things to Bring to Patient Admitting / Clinic Registration
- Valid photo identification. What is a valid photo identification and why do we ask for it?
- Insurance information and a photocopy of your/your child’s insurance card(s)
- A copy of the patient’s advance directive or living will, if applicable
- Names, addresses and phone numbers of the doctor(s) who referred you to Packard Children’s and/or provides care for you or your child
- List of your child’s medications
- Any orders or paperwork you may have received from a health care provider
The Admissions / Clinic Check-in ProcessOnce you and your child arrive in one of our admitting or clinic check-in areas, a member of our staff will speak with you and:
- Ask to see a valid form of photo identification and insurance card (if applicable). What is a valid photo identification and why do we ask for it?
- Verify your contact information
- Make sure you have reviewed and signed the necessary paperwork
- Clinics only: Collect your insurance co-payment or deductible, if required
- Directions and maps
- Resource Guide for Families (English / Español PDF) - The essential places, specific amenities and services for patients and families.
- Guide for Patients Who Are Turning Age 18 (English / Español PDF)